The copyright and material on this website is owned by CSI, and is protected by the copyright laws of South Africa. Users may only copy any information on this website for their own use, but may not republish, store or reproduce any such information in any manner, including, but not limited to, electronic reproduction without the prior written consent of CSI. Any unauthorised downloading, retransmission, or other copying or modification of any of the contents of this website may be in breach of statutory or common law rights which could be the subject of legal action. CSI disclaim all liability which may result from any unauthorised reproduction or use of the information on this website.
While we have taken care to ensure that the content of this website is accurate, this website, and the services accessible on or via this website, are provided ‘as is’, and your use of and reliance on the information on this website and the online services is entirely at your own risk.
We do not represent nor warrant that this website, any tools (such as the Spec Wizard) software, advice, opinion, statement, information, content or online services will be error-free or will meet any particular criteria of accuracy, completeness, reliability, performance or quality. You acknowledge that any reliance upon any such tools, software, advice, opinion, statement or information shall be at your own risk. We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to correct any errors or omissions in any portion of this website.
Information, ideas and opinions expressed on this website should not be regarded as professional advice nor our official opinion. You are strongly advised to seek professional advice before taking any course of action related to them. Accordingly, you are strongly advised to consult us or your professional adviser before acting on such information. Spec Wizard, calculators and brochures supplied on this website are for indicative use only, and we shall not be responsible nor liable for any inaccuracies or miscalculations arising out of defects or incorrect use.
To the fullest extent permissible by law, we expressly disclaim all (express and implied) warranties, including, without limitation, warranties of merchantability, title, and fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy in respect of this website and the services accessible on this website. While we take all reasonable precautions to prevent this, we do not warrant that the website nor any software available for download via the website is free of viruses or destructive code.
We, our officers, directors, employees, servants, affiliates, shareholders, agents, consultants and employees (in whose favour this constitutes a stipulation for the benefit of another) shall not be liable for, and you hereby indemnify us against any direct, indirect, special, incidental, consequential or punitive damages or loss of any kind whatsoever or howsoever caused (whether arising under contract, delict or otherwise, and whether the loss was actually foreseen or reasonably foreseeable) arising out of your use of this website, or the online services or the information contained on this website, or your inability to use this website or the online services.
Without derogating from the generality of the above, we will not be liable for:
- any interruption, malfunction, downtime nor other failure of the website or online services, our system, databases or any of its components, for reasons beyond our control;
- any loss nor damage with regard to customer data or other data directly or indirectly caused by malfunction of our system, third party systems, power failures, unlawful access to or theft of data, computer viruses or destructive code on our system or third party systems; or programming defects;
- any interruption, malfunction, downtime nor other failure of goods or services provided by third parties, including, without limitation, third party systems such as the public, switched, telecommunication service providers, internet service providers, electricity suppliers, local authorities and certification authorities;
- any event over which we have no direct control.
WHAT WE COLLECT
We may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional email about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail.
- We may use the information to customize the website according to your interests.
- We may provide your information to our third party partners for marketing or promotional purposes.
- We will never sell your information.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at [email address]
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
Please send a request in writing to the the contact persons listed below if you would like to know what personal data (e.g. name, address, etc.) we have stored about you.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the address provided below. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Please direct any questions, suggestions or specific requests to change, freeze or delete your personal data to the contact persons listed below:
The use of this website shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of South Africa.